Welcome and thank you for visiting, reading, joining and/or following our refreshed and redesigned humble Workcover Victims Diary. Our ongoing mission is to support all injured workers, known as WorkCover victims, by creating a safe place for you to ask questions, tell your story, connect with other injured workers, access enlightening and educational resources and get some help, and -above all- understanding. We hope you find our humble Diary of a Workcover Victim’s website informative, helpful and most of all quite painfully fun!
Welcome to Diary of a workcovervictim
We are very excited to share our redesigned diary of a workcover victims website, in time for its 9th anniversary. It has been a long time in the making, with many technical (as well as personal work-injury related) setbacks. You may remember that aworkcovervictimsdiary’s original domain was stolen earlier this year and the domain aworkcovervictimsdiary dot com is actually on auctioned sale! Pretty sick indeed. The ransom is a hefty USD 7000, and as such I could not afford “buying” it back and repointed the old workcover victims diary to aworkcovervictimsdiary.com.au (.au at the end). Unfortunately, the hackers/thieves keep injecting images (as well as malware) into that site asking people to visit the stolen domain aworkcovervictimsdiary dot com, as to gain traffic and, I guess, increase it’s commercial value even more. In the end, and with IT consultation, we felt that we had little option but to start afresh, on a brand new domain. Here, on aworkcovervictimsdiary.org.
We hope you will agree that our new aworkcovervictimsdiary’s site is more versatile, and loaded with additional function so you’re able to spend your time reading what you’re after and being empowered! Some of the new diary of a workcovervictims’ website’s features include:
- Up-to-date platform and framework – our old site is almost 9 years old and has a lot of outdated back-end technology which no longer works with the current frameworks
- Home Page Widget Areas which automatically adjust to accommodate whatever we place there, making it easier to find topics of interest
- A better and Sticky Navigation Menu (top and bottom)
- Completely Mobile Responsive, but that should go without saying these days
- Widget Area in the Navigation section which is handy to further categorise all our articles and posts, and even allows us to add table of contents to longer articles, pages and/or posts
- Expanding “live” search bar in our navigation menu
- Portfolio page, which we have converted to a workcover Knowledgebase, and which uses specific Portfolio posts, again making it much easier to find subjects you are interested in, and saves having a lengthy garbled menu
- Diary of a workcovervictim is also eCommerce ready! We are hoping to add self-written, thorough and handy eBooks and eGuides to complement the content on our site, and for the price of a cuppa (which will be used to pay the ongoing hosting fees of aworkcovervictimsdiary).
- Custom Category page with dropdown which even allows to sort through subcategories, again making it insanely easy to find the information you are after!
- Our new Diary of a workcover victim has also been hardened with a firewall, an SSL certificate and 24/7 malware scans. Every change made, every login attempt, every attempted DoS attack is duly and fully logged
- We will also be adding a membership area down the track, allowing only members to access more information
- We have also copied all relevant content from our old site over into our new site. Although a work-in-progress, with over 2000 articles, it will take some time to have everything published in the new format.